Trekking is undoubtedly one of the most exciting adventure sports among the youngsters nowadays. It is no longer a leisure activity rather many people are passionate about it and makes it their professional. There are many tour conductors who arrange trekking expedition for experts and novices. Trekking location, number of people, and team leader are some vital factors for you to know when you embark on a trek for the first time. But to make your trek memorable, you need a few things to carry with you. Read more to find out the trekking checklist.
- Route map: Of course you are not going alone. People normally go for trekking in a group and a professional guide or trekker accompanies them. But, you still need to carry a route plan for your safety. It will help you reach your tent in case you get lost. Most of the time, your phone and internet will not work so the only option that can save you is the route map.
- Flashlight: Trekking is a daring challenge and you need to come out of your comfort zone to take part in it. Forget your soft bed; there you will not even have the electricity. So how will you manage to sustain there? During the daytime, you will be climbing but at night you need a flashlight to fix your tent. So don’t forget to put it in your travel bag.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes, leeches, and other insects are common and you will meet them everywhere. In the dense forest or near water body, such insects are a major cause of concern. To keep them at bay, use insect repellent. According to a renowned adventure lover, William Schoellkopf, insect repellent saves the trekker in the jungle.
- First-aid kit: It is mandatory to carry whenever you step outside your home for a few days. Trekking involves walking and climbing which cause a sprain. So carry a sprain relief spray with you along with a band aid. Always carry common medicines for fever, acidity, and pain with you. Include antiseptic cream, sun block, shades, scissors, gauge, cold cream, and tissues in your kit.
- Clothes: People normally choose forest or hill station for trekking. There you will not get any scope to change your clothes frequently. So make sure that you are comfortable with the clothes that you are going to pack. It’s better if you drape full sleeve shirts and trouser for forest trekking. If it mountainous regions you will need extra protection to beat the nipping cold. In that case, a windcheater will be the best option for you.
- Sleeping bag: People who love adventure like William Schoellkopf head for trekking more often. Wherever you put up a tent, the ground beneath you will be uneven and rocky. Your sleeping bag can be your mattress and your blanket too. Moreover, it’s simple and easy to fold, unzip and slip into the sleeping bag.
In addition to these essential items you also need to carry some cash for the emergency, dry food, and water with you. Get a solid rucksack which is spacious and absolutely fit for trekking or mountaineering.
William Schoellkopf is an experienced trekker and he has written a book on that. If you are an adventure lover, you must read his book to find out some amazing location for an expedition.